Artisans market with live presentations and sale of traditional South Tyrolean products in S. Cristina - Val Gardena.
There is a lot to see and discover when artisans from Val Gardena and South Tyrol display their traditional art and when farms showcase and sell their homemade products.
At the market in the pedestrian area of S. Cristina you can admire the artisans at work and buy numerous handmade objects and homemade products:
- carving and decorative painting art from S. Cristina
- buttermaking and hay decorations made by the farmwomen of Val Gardena
- handmade art craft products made in the sheltered workshops Locia and S’Ancunté
- the work of the turner
- carpets, blankets, pillows and other objects made of pure sheep’s wool
- belts and wallets with traditional quill embroidery
- South Tyrolean speck (bacon) of the butchery Eschgfäller
- honey and beeswax candles made by the Riffesser family
- homemade schnaps from the Fischer farm
- natural vinegar and apple juices from the Bühler farm
- fruit and vegetables from the Gedrin and Gfriller farms
- jams and syrups from the Petrunder farm
- fresh cheese from the Brunner farm
- moreover: artwork made with felt, hand woven baskets, handmade article, crochet works, knitting work, jewellery, souvenirs and much more.
Musical entertainment will not be missing either; moreover the bars and restaurants of the pedestrian area will propose delicious traditional dishes and drinks!