Discover – be amazed – experience: Val Gardena Kids Active 2018
Activities in the Dolomites, a UNESCO World Heritage Site for the youngest guests in Val Gardena
It’s time for pure excitement during this summer 2018 for children between 6 and 12. The children taking part in the ‘Val Gardena Kids Active’ daily animation programme running from June to September (12.06 – 07.09.2018) will learn all there is to learn about the Dolomites, a treasure trove bursting with adventure and small natural works of art. On four days a week, namely Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, children can dive into a world packed with incredible experiences! What do cows eat at the farm? Is climbing difficult? Why does the wood smell so good?
Children never stop asking questions as it is and the Active weeks will provide them with all the answers in the guise of fun and sporty guides accompanying them throughout the day. Bring on the summer!
Tuesday | Treasure hunter and forest adventurer
Do you want to go treasure hunting? An interesting game is waiting for the kids at Col Raiser, here they can spot caches, which are hidden in the forest using a GPS-device. In the afternoon, they visit the Swiss stone pine forest. Nature park guide Brigitte will teach them useful knowledge about the Swiss stone pine.
Wednesday | Mountain climber and fishing
In the morning, we’ll head upwards and onwards as the children try their hand at a climbing taster session under the guidance of the ‘Gardena Guides’ mountain guides. A first-hand experience with the rocky mountain walls. In the afternoon, our explorers will enter the animal kingdom: everyone can give angling a try and see if they catch any fish. You can alternatively ride a pony.
Thursday | Hard-working bees and expert bikers
Children love honey: it’s sweet and still healthy. But how does the honey get into the jar? Together with our guide Marion the children will visit a bee-keeper in Ortisei who will talk about the profession and the importance of honey bees. The kids will also have the chance to observe how bees work, behind the protection of a glass panel, of course.
The Bike Park Palmer is a place where children can prove their mountain bike skills! Beginners learn the first steps of cycling and experienced bikers can learn how to jump with their mountain bikes on different biking courses.
Friday | Exciting farm life and wood adventures
On an exciting guided visit to the Milan farm the kids experience the life on a farm. Of course, they can look over the shoulder of the working farmwomen! The children will have the possibility to feed and stroke cows and calves, to watch how the cows are milked and to taste homemade products.
After a lunch break, our explorers will go to Passo Pinei, where they will build a tree house in the forest. Accompanied by the expert Diego, the children are going to have an amazing afternoon with a lot of new experiences, fun and creative adventures.
And if it rains?
Turnery, handicraft work with clay, climbing, riding, exploring the world of astronomy, visit to the museum,…
Where to book?
Before 6.00 pm on the proceeding day at the tourist offices:
- Active & Events Selva Val Gardena Tel. 0471 777 999
- S. Cristina Tel. 0471 777 800
- Ortisei Tel. 0471 777 600
How old need the kids be to take part?
Between 6 and 12 years of age
Where’s the meeting point for activities?
Between 9.00 and 9.30 am at the Tourist offices of Val Gardena.
How much is it to take part?
- 30 euro per day/100 euro per week for kids staying in establishments partner of Val Gardena Active or having signed up for the initiative Summer children’s weeks.
- 40 euro per day/140 euro per week for all other kids.
If a child take part in the activities for the whole week e or she will get the KIDS ACTIVE snapback and his/her personalized certificate “Gherdëina Ranger”! Every child will get a Loacker box as gift.
*If two children of the same family participate, there are price advantages!
What do you need to bring?
- Mountain boots
- Packed lunch
- Change of socks
- Light windcheater jacket
Which other child-friendly events will take place in Val Gardena?
- Kids evening – every Monday in Selva (02/07 – 27/08), from 8.30 pm
- Magic display – every Friday at S. Cristina (from 06.07 to 31.08), from 8.30 pm
- Lantern festival at S. Cristina – 27.07, from 8.00 pm
- Dolomites legends on Selva and the surroundings – every Thursday in Selva (from 26/07 to 23/08), from 5.00 pm
- Magic nights under the starry sky on the Alpe di Siusi – every Wednesday in August
- Creative afternoon with Daksy in Vallunga – every Monday in August, from 2.00 pm
- Kite festival in Selva – 08/08 and 15/08, from 2.00 pm
- Children’s play day in Ortisei (little S. Antonius Square) – 15/08, from 3.00 pm
- Snow festival at S. Cristina – 16.08, from 9.00 pm
HIGHLIGHT 09.08 and 23.08.2018:
Night forest-adventure with animal sounds and moonlight
Vie nce Tu pea cun nëus!